Trauma/Crime Scene Cleanup & Biohazard
Unexpected deaths are sensitive matters that require a prompt and professional response.
ServiceMaster Restore is certified to clean, handle, and dispose of any bio-hazardous materials from homes, hotels, rental units, or offices that are the result of death.
We have experience with these most difficult of situations, and our professional staff understands the need for discretion and sensitivity. We will discreetly survey a room where a death has occurred, no matter if it from violence, suicide, injury or accident, unattended death and decomposition, or illness.
TRAINED TO COMPLY WITH OSHA TO CLEAN AND RESTORE
We are trained to be in compliance with OSAH’s 29CFR1910.1030 rules on the cleaning of blood or body fluid contaminated materials and bio-hazardous waste. We have experience with things like blood-stained carpets and flooring, and how they must be removed and the remaining surfaces cleaned. We have the necessary training that allow us to remove and handle items affected by bio-hazardous waste.
RESTORING SPACES TO LIKE-NEW
Affected fabrics such as carpets, bedding, or wallpaper will be removed and destroyed, and we will remove any flooring that has been contaminated.
We perform clearance testing to confirm that the bacterial levels are at a safe level. This is called an ATP test. We use what is called a Luminometer and a swab. We swab a 2-inch square area at random spots and put it in the measuring device. This allows us to measure and confirm that your home or place of business is absolutely safe to live in once again.
WORKING WITH INSURANCE
Our services are often covered under homeowner’s or business insurance. We have a claims specialist to assist with billing insurance, and for most of our clients we can fully manage all of the billing and payments without having to involve them.
HOW IT WORKS
We understand that this is usually a very time-sensitive task, and our technicians will work quickly but thoroughly to restore your property.
- We inspect and evaluate the scene to determine what needs to be removed and what can be cleaned.
- Everything that needs to be done will be presented in a clear and orderly manner to you, so you see what steps need to be taken and in what order.
- Any materials that need to be removed will be done in accordance with OSAH’s 29CFR1910.1030 rules on handling and disposing of bio-hazardous waste.
- We perform clearance testing to confirm that the bacterial levels are at a safe level. This is called an ATP test. We use what is called a Luminometer and a swab. We swab a 2-inch square area at random spots and put it in the measuring device. This allows us to measure and confirm that your home or place of business is absolutely safe to live in once again.
- We will invoice your insurance carrier directly.
- If you need anything stored while we clean, we will pack up your items, clean them, and store them in our secure warehouse. And we’ll bring them back and set them back up when your home is clean.