It seems strange that something so common as mold could be as dangerous as it is. Not only has mold been proven to aggravate allergies and asthma, some types of mold also produce toxic byproducts called mycotoxins. Since mycotoxins can’t be identified by the naked eye, it’s important to avoid unnecessary inhalation or contact with mold.
To make matters worse, mold reproduces by releasing spores into the air. Mold spores are kind of like pollen, in that they can float around your house even after you’ve killed the main source. This can cause ongoing health problems and allows mold to continue to grow and flourish, even after you’ve killed it.
Mold growth starts in as little as 48-72 hours after water damage occurs and can spread at an alarming rate, especially in warm and wet months of the year.
At ServiceMaster, we work with recognized testing facilities to provide mold inspection and analysis services to ensure an appropriate remediation plan.